Social media platforms have revolutionized the way businesses market their products and services. Previously, only the big companies could afford to spend a huge amount of money advertising their products and services. But now, any company can create high-quality content or hire an SMO services company to gain the attention of a large number of people.
There are more than 3.6 billion active users on social media platforms today, and many companies are joining the platforms to market themselves. But while about 97 percent of Fortune 500 companies use social media, only 71 percent of small and medium businesses are on it.
The opportunities for the latter are immense in social media. Small and medium companies can boost their sales by leaps and bounds with the right content, audience engagement, and social media optimization.
Taking the help of professional social media optimization services can also help them achieve desired results. There are mainly three types of content they can incorporate in their social media posts, and in this blog post, we discuss those in detail.
- Informational content
By creating such type of content, you can provide valuable information about your company. Though the content does not make a direct sales pitch to your target audience, these showcase the company and its products. Informational content includes:
- News content: These include industry or business-specific news, new product information, press releases, partnerships, acquisitions, upcoming events, job opportunities, key vision, and more.
- Professional content: These are interviews with professionals, opinions from experts and market leaders, case studies, analytical news, among others.
- Educational content: This type of content includes step-by-step instructions and tips and tricks on using the products or services. You can also include master classes and secrets related to your products or services. You can use infographics, lists, how-to guides, and resources to educate your target audience on this type of content.
- Useful content: In this type of content, you can include lists of products or services, features and descriptions, customer reviews, frequently asked questions, checklists, and useful tips.
- Image content: Here, you can explain your company’s history, mission and vision, leadership and management, achievements and successes, and awards and certificates.
Creating information content is largely an in-house job, but you can take the help of professional social media optimization services for better results.
- Selling content
This content makes direct sales pitch to your target audience and motivates them to take action. These offer solutions to customers’ problems and challenges in the form of products or services. The main aim of such content is to drive the target customers to purchase a product or try a service, and it always concludes with a call to action.
You can use special techniques such as the AIDA to write selling content to get the desired actions. AIDA stands for Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action. When you write content using the formula, you endeavor to grab the readers’ attention. After that, you pique their interest. Next, you awaken their desire to buy your product or service. Finally, you appeal to them to take action.
Selling content also comprises:
- Posts showing the best-selling products or special and seasonal highlights.
- Information about discounts, promotions, and other limited edition products or offers.
- Reviews and testimonials of happy customers
Creating awesome selling content that resonates with readers and encourages them to take the desired action requires excellent copywriting skills and practice. A professional SMO services company can help you craft high-quality selling content and get your target customers to buy from you.
Most people visit social media sites for entertainment and relaxation. When they read something funny or entertaining, they tend to share the content with their friends. You need to keep this in mind while creating entertainment posts.
The key purpose of entertainment content is to entertain readers. To create such content, you can include funny taglines, interesting facts, memes, videos related to your products or services. The witty and engaging content becomes viral through reposts and enhances the brand of your company.
This type of content helps in greater social media optimization as it enhances the visibility and reach of your content and results in higher engagement. The traffic and brand awareness from these content also benefits companies a lot.
Businesses also organize several giveaways, contests, tests, polls, flash mobs, or marathons to encourage greater participation.
The ideal ratio of social media content
Many social media professionals and marketing managers say that the ideal social media content ratio is as follows:
- 50 percent of informational content
- 30 percent of selling content
- 20 percent of entertainment content
Summing it up
Social media is a goldmine for businesses to connect with their target users and prospective customers. To catch the attention of social media users and engage them, businesses need to create effective content that either informs, entertains, or makes a sales pitch. Social media optimization plays a crucial role, and hiring a professional SMO services company can be extremely helpful. At PeddleWeb, we customize social media optimization services for our clients. To know how we can help you in creating the right social media marketing, contact us today.