A lead magnet is a free online resource that a business provides to its potential customers to generate qualified leads. The main aim of the resources is to obtain prospects’ contact information. Many companies are taking the help of professional SEO services and digital marketing services to build lead magnets.
At PeddleWeb, one of the fastest-growing digital marketing services providers in India, we have created high-quality lead magnets for a wide range of businesses. In this blog post, we discuss some highly popular lead magnet ideas and the steps to create an effective lead magnet.
Lead magnet ideas
Here are nine popular lead magnet ideas that many businesses use:
- eBooks: As per HubSpot, eBooks are one of the best lead magnets. When they provide their true value, they attract massive readership and establish the credibility of the company. An eBook is extremely effective for a business that has a series of blog posts on a related topic.
- Guestbooks: Guest posting is an effective link-building and off-page SEO strategy. But the extremely high-quality posts generally get buried under a flood of new articles and guest posts after some time. But a business can compile all the guest posts into a book format and make them available to its target audience.
- Whitepapers: A whitepaper is an in-depth and authoritative report on a particular topic that presents a complex issue and provides a solution. An effective whitepaper can enable people to gain insights into industry trends and other topics. It also provides specific data and unique information.
- Email course: One of the best ways to attract qualified leads is to offer useful courses. Many businesses use online courses to generate leads. However, only a few personalize their courses, make them concise, and send them via email for a certain period. These are extremely effective when a company has a list of emails and the recipients want solutions to their specific problems.
- Cheatsheets: If the eBook covers a complex topic, a one- or two-page cheat sheet can help them understand the subject in a few minutes. These usually compress practical information into not more than two pages.
- Webinars: These serve as excellent lead magnets as all people who register for it are willing to share their contact details. As per Adobe Connect, the average conversion rate of a webinar is more than 50 percent. The participants who find a webinar valuable are more likely to do business and maintain a long-term relationship with a company.
- Workbooks: Workbooks are among the best lead magnets that allow users to learn and apply the principles of a business to their own lives or businesses. These comprise a series of exercises that the target audience can work on to identify problems and solve them.
- Bonus packs: Bonus packs are among the best ways to lure readers to enter the sales funnel. These consist of additional content that is excluded from the original blog posts. These offer additional links, extra information, and more resources that usually come up after the publication of an original post.
- Ultimate guides: An ultimate guide is an all-inclusive compilation of the best blog posts and articles on a specific subject. While an eBook recycles posts from blogs, ultimate guides link directly to other websites. However, refrain from copy-pasting any random content in the guide. It is best to link back to the original article that is available on the internet.
How to create a lead magnet?
Here are five ways to create a lead magnet:
- Know the target audience and determine what they want
To create an effective lead magnet, know who the target audience is and what do they need from the resources. It is best to know who the ideal customer is and create a buyer persona. After that, design an extremely targeted lead magnet that will address their needs. The resources that offer the most practical solutions and provide useful solutions to existing problems will convert the most. Professional digital marketing services providers can find out ideal customers as well as create a buyer persona.
- Select the most effective lead magnet format
After knowing the target audience and creating the ideal buyer persona, the next step is to select the most suitable lead magnet format. Creating an effective lead magnet will mostly rely on the content marketing strategy of a company. If a business has strong writing expertise and a repository of high-quality content, then a mix of eBooks, guest books, cheat sheets, and bonus packs will be ideal. If a business aims to appear as a thought leader and establish a remarkable brand reputation then a mix of whitepapers, webinars, and email courses will be perfect. Discuss with the team and know what lead magnets will be suitable for your business and then select a suitable mix format.
- Create the lead magnets
After selecting the most suitable lead magnet format, create the resources that will generate qualified leads and convert them into paying customers. Invest quality time in creating robust lead magnets and coordinate with key team members across departments. Make sure to make the materials enticing and exciting. Use attractive designs and visuals to make it more compelling and eye-catching. If using in-house resources is proving too much for you, consider taking the help of professional SEO services providers to create effective lead magnets.
- Build the conversion path
After creating high-quality lead magnets, build the conversion path to ensure that the qualified leads face zero trouble in entering the sales funnel and converting into paying customers. Map the customer journey at each point of the lead magnet and understand how an average user will possibly react in each stage. Work on it to make the entire journey smooth for the prospective customer.
- Update in regular intervals
After launching the lead magnets, a business will need to update them every half year to one year. The time depends on the freshness and relevance of the materials. If there are more resources and updates, then the existing lead magnets need to be updated.
Lead magnets enhance every business’s potential to connect with the right people, generate quality leads, and convert them into customers. At PeddleWeb, we have helped many businesses create lead magnets. If you are looking to have highly effective lead magnets in your business, contact our team today.