With more than 2 billion logged-in users each month and one million hours watched daily, YouTube is one of the prominent platforms for business marketing.
Marketers often overlook YouTube to promote a product or business. It is thought of as an ordinary social network or online video streaming platform. However, YouTube has a lot more potential than you can think of to promote a business and drive more traffic. As today’s business scenarios are covered with fierce competition and innovative solutions, your business should use smart marketing tactics.
This article is a comprehensive guide on YouTube marketing. Read on, and you will get to explore useful aspects of the digital channel.
Let’s begin with knowing interesting facts about YouTube.
Key facts about YouTube
While you want to use YouTube for business marketing, you should definitely look at the digital platform’s key facts. Have a look at the quick facts;
- YouTube is the 2nd most website visited in the world
- More than 70% of what people view on YouTube is guided by its recommendation algorithm
- More than 35% of all mobile internet traffic belongs to YouTube
- YouTube services are accessible in 100+ countries in 80+ languages
- YouTube has more than 31 million live channels
The statistics are indicative enough to use the platform to promote a business and generate revenue. If you hire an expert for YouTube channel marketing services, you can see measurable growth quickly and efficiently.
Why Use YouTube for business marketing?
While promoting a business, you should never leave a channel untouched where your potential target audience is active. As mentioned earlier, YouTube is the 2nd most visited site worldwide. A large portion of your audience should be using the platform. Here are the top reasons that suggest YouTube is an ideal platform for business marketing;
- It’s a free and easy to access digital platform
- It’s growing swiftly than any other social networks
- You can efficiently showcase business offerings and build a large base of the target audience
- The strategic actions can easily build brand awareness and credibility of your business
- Marketing on YouTube will help to get your business get found on Google
- Content never dies on YouTube, so you can repurpose the created content effectively
- You can also make money with AdSense for videos
Briefly, YouTube is a giant digital platform to gain massive exposure for your business. By practicing the functional strategies, you can achieve marketing success on YouTube. This leads us to explore the use of the channel for business progression.
Steps to promote a business on YouTube
Business marketing on YouTube can produce lucrative results. The companies that offer YouTube marketing services distinctly use strategic actions to create the channel and gain more viewers to promote a product or service. Have a look at the top ways to promote a business on YouTube;
1. Create a YouTube Channel
In order to create a YouTube channel, you need to have a Gmail account first. Rather than using a personal Gmail account for the YouTube channel, you should create a business account. A personal account only allows you to access the key insights and other details.
Nonetheless, with a brand account, many authorized users can log in concurrently. This practice will be helpful in the future. With a brand account, you can create and manage multiple YouTube channels too.
2. Understand the competition YouTube
YouTube is a competitive platform. You should perform an audit of competitors to find out how your channel measures up and recognize opportunities. Commence by knowing three to five competitors. If you are not sure, try Google Ads’ free Keyword Planner to find which companies rank higher for keywords connected with your brand. Plus, you must make sure that your competitors are not serving any ads on your videos. Once you understand the competition on YouTube, you can manage your channel even better.
3. Form strategic agendas
While you want to promote your business on YouTube, you need to have agendas ready beforehand. Define your primary objective (i.e., build a brand or improve sales). Based on your goals, create a strategic plan to proceed further. This blueprint will help create video content that can effectively connect with the audience and attract more viewers. In this step, you might need expert advice to craft the distinguishable policies to outshine the competition on YouTube channel.
4. Optimize videos to gain more views
Consider YouTube as a video search engine. It means that the video content (title, descriptions, etc.) must be well-optimized. Optimized videos have the best possibility to show up in search results and get more views. Create a strong title and include keywords smartly. If the keywords you chose do not match your topic, try to find another keyword by executing a little more in-depth research. But, make sure to align the subject, content on keywords. This will help to get higher rankings for your videos.
5. Create standout thumbnails
Thumbnails are the first thing people notice on YouTube Videos. With creativity, you can easily make the thumbnail stand out. For instance, if your video is a thumbnail or how-to, display the end result or a before and after thumbnail. This will encourage the audience to view the video till the end and find out more (what’s in the video for them). Essentially, make the thumbnail as high resolution as possible (2MB is the max size and 1280 x 720 pixels, 16:9 ratio).
6. Upload and schedule your videos
Once you have created and optimized videos, you should schedule them for publication.
For most 18-34-year-olds, YouTube has renewed traditional network television. But it has not significantly transformed expectations. People still expect videos, particularly episodes and series, to be available on a regular schedule.
Also, review your channel analytics regularly. This will be helpful in measuring the amount of viewership and engagement. Once you have identified the best time to post your videos, aim to publish on a regular basis.
Now, let’s understand how YouTube can generate qualified leads.
How to Generate Leads Through YouTube
YouTube is helpful to generate qualified leads (depending on how you use it). The platform has many tools to collect leads, which gives an idea of who is watching your content. It will also let you know who might be interested in your company’s products or services.
One way to generate leads from the digital platform is YouTube cards. The cards can be added to videos, creating a clickable CTA that incites viewers to respond. The cards enable you to include more visual elements to make it more interactive and engaging with viewers. They also can appear at any point throughout your video and can incorporate downloadable content and outside links.
Here are the five different types of YouTube cards you can easily add to your videos:
- Redirection to another YouTube channel.
- Video or playlist to boost your content.
- Donation emphasizing a nonprofit of your selection to encourage donations.
- Poll to encourage viewers to take part in a multiple-choice question.
- A link that redirects users to your business site
Additionally, the other ways for the lead generations on YouTube suggested by top YouTube marketing service provider includes;
- Respond to comment while encouraging viewers to post comments
- Partner up with the influencers
- Promote a landing page with an end screen
If you consider the YouTube channel as an extension of your brand, you can efficiently get the most of benefits. When you are creating a customized channel for your business, you should follow the standard guidelines from the online digital network;
- Channel name: The channel name is linked with every single video you publish. Hence, make sure the name is correct and consistent for branding purposes.
- Channel trailer: Ideally, your trailer should be around 30 to 60 seconds. Focus on displaying visitors what your channel is about and what type of videos the audience can expect.
- Channel icon: Google suggests uploading an 800 x 800 px square or round image for the icon on YouTube. Consider using a company logo for the icon image would be a wise idea.
- Channel art: Whenever you upload an image on youtube, make sure it is clearly visible among all the mobile devices (desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile, etc.). The ideal dimension of the image is 2560 x 1440 px.
- Channel description: The description should present more information on your company and explain the type of video content you are sharing. As search engines look at the description while ranking your YouTube profile, it is advisable to make it SEO-friendly.
Additionally, once you have more than 100 subscribers, you can customize the URL. This will be helpful in business branding and promotion.
Undoubtedly, YouTube can make a business shine among the target audience and sustain competition effectively. Whether you want to build a brand or drive traffic on your website, this social network can be helpful in many ways. However, there are specific strategies and expertise that will be required to accomplish the goal. At PeddleWeb, we offer YouTube marketing services to promote your business on the widely used network.
Contact us to learn more about YouTube channel marketing. Our digital marketing experts will walk you through the proper guidelines to YouTube in favor of your business.